Father's Day - Crisis Talks

in

Dad – he’s the one you love and hate all at once. In my case, he’s the one who always puts too much olive oil on his salad. The one who irritates the life out of me every single night when his head starts to wobble from the wine. The one who, just to be awkward, never moves his feet when I’m trying to vacuum the carpet.

But nevertheless, he’s still the one who taught me how to ride a bike, who made me boats out of sand to sit in whenever we went to Blackpool beach, who told me to tear up those flat-pack instructions and just do it your-damn-self - and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone. Not even Bill Gates. In saying that, I still manage a grumble every year when the time comes to buy him a Father’s Day present.

I’ll normally go nuts traipsing around tie shops and DIY stores for a whole day, ultimately heading on over to Waterstones to buy him another Bill Bryson book for him to flick through. It doesn’t matter if he already has it – he’s reaching that age where he could read anything twice and not realise it.

But this year I’m taking strides to better myself and sending him something worthwhile. Besides, if I keep up with the book routine, it will only be so long before he re-organises his collection and realises that he has four identical copies of ‘Notes from a Small Island’.

No, this time I’ll buy something different. Trouble is, I don’t have a clue on Earth what!

So, my friends, I ask you all one thing – what will you be sending to your old man this year? And more importantly – what can I send to mine?!

By the way...

You can all send your dad something nice through the post by next day delivery, at excellent rates, by visiting myParcelDelivery.com™

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This entry is filed under .

You can also follow any responses to all entry through the RSS Comments feed.