How NOT to Package a box for delivery

in

When I want to send a parcel half-way across the globe, or even just a few miles down the road, I’m always overly paranoid that something bad will happen to it during transit. I imagine the box tumbling over, being thrown from one end of the courier vehicle to the other. I can sense the sticky tape peeling away from the edges, its contents splattering in all directions and making a Jackson Pollack of the driver when finally he pulls it from the van. For this reason, I double-tape everything (treble, if I’m in a particularly anxious mood).

Well rest assured, this isn’t going happen - courier transport vehicles are packed in a safe and fool-proof manner – but that certainly doesn’t excuse some of the more ridiculous parcels I’ve had the displeasure – no, make that pleasure – to have come across during my time.

Rule number 1: Less is sometimes more


Believe it or not my friends, this elaborate tangle of duct tape and bin-liners complete with supporting palette (for extra sturdiness), was used to ship a PC cable.


For reasons not quite so obvious to myself, it seems the sender wasn’t taking any chances when it came to the protection of this delicate piece of computer hardware. And I thought I was paranoid.

Rule number 2: Take your time


At the other end of the spectrum, it seems that people will go to extraordinary measures to get a parcel out on time. Bean bag deliverers take heed. I still can’t believe that someone even had the audacity to stand back after taping this up and think, ‘yeah – that should do the trick.’


Rule number 3: Don't let the packaging rule the product

On a slightly lighter note, it's good to see that progress is being made on the shipment of fresh fruit and vegetables...


So there you have it, your quintessential guide on how not to pack a parcel for delivery. If you have any more fool-proof suggestions, please don't hesitate to drop a line and let me know.

For great prices on heavy parcel deliveries, visit myParcelDelivery.com™ today!

3 comments:

Vegemite Wife said...

ha! Just found this blog - very funny stuff. Who knew P+P could be so hilarious!

Shaun Pelling said...

Oh yes!! You havn't seen the half of it yet...
Thanks for stopping by :)

jacob20martin said...

This tutorial and provided info is just great. Looking for more such post on your blog. Being in the online business you have to keep various things in mind if want to be successful. Always provide effective as well reliable courier services Dallas so that the customers like to work with you for long terms.

Post a Comment

This entry is filed under .

You can also follow any responses to all entry through the RSS Comments feed.